Pages

Monday 10 September 2012

First Day of school


AHHHHHH. That is exactly how I am feeling after a jam packed exciting couple of weeks and my first day of school. My voice is croaky, I have a big bump on my lip from riding in the back of the truck and what seems like a man banging on my head with a hammer (okay slight exaggeration of a headache, but hey) But I had the BEST day. The love I have for the children in my class is off the record, its incredible.

So firstly, I promised before and after pictures of my classroom, so here we go. (Bear in mind that I have none of the children’s work displayed yet, so I will take more pictures in the near future)

Before (only one section of the classroom)


After


The room is lovely, the problem you find in Afrcia though is everything gets so dusty. But hey its all part od the fun and if I have to wipe dust of my banana every once in a while, no sweat.
So I have five girls in my class, we will be getting lots more children when the Tanzanian schools fininsh. But for now five girls are keep my hands plenty full.


The girls are adorable. I had them all write words and phrases of encouragement for one another during out quiet soaking time. Here are the results.


So after a long first day I am now ready for bed. 

Night

No comments:

Post a Comment